If you run a business that relies on the use of vehicles then it makes a lot of sense to get them insured together on a fleet policy.
Before looking at where to get fleet insurance and how to save money, below are some of the main benefits of getting a motor fleet insurance policy for your business.
Benefits of fleet insurance
- Save time – A big advantage to getting a fleet policy as opposed to separate policies is that it helps you save a good deal of time. Time is always a valuable commodity, particularly when you’re running a business so this is a big plus of fleet insurance.
- Save money – Getting a fleet policy also enables you to save money. In most cases, it is cheaper to insure a lot of vehicles together then it is to get separate policies.
- Get a highly tailored policy – Another big benefit of getting fleet insurance is that policies can be highly tailored to the unique needs of your business. For example you might need to insure different types of vehicles of varying values – this is not a problem with fleet cover.
Where to get cover
Generally the best way to get a fleet insurance policy is to go to a specialist provider. The type of policy you need will depend on the type of business you have. For example if you have a taxi firm and want to insurance your cabs together then you’ll need to take out a taxi fleet insurance policy.
There are many excellent fleet insurance comparison services that allow you to get quotes from a specialist providers in a quick and easy manner.
Ways to save money
- Get a lot of quotes – One of the best ways to save money on fleet insurance is by getting a lot of quotes. Having quotes from different insurance providers will enable you to compare them easily and pick the one that’s best value.
- Make your vehicles secure – Another way to save money on fleet insurance is by making your vehicles as secure as possible. With company vehicles, it’s worth considering getting trackers installed as well as standard security measures such as alarms and immobilisers.
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for your insurance on an annual basis rather than monthly then you will be able to make a good saving with most insurance providers. Of course you will have to pay considerably more upfront so you need to think about whether the saving is worth it.